(Lessons From Psoriasis)
The Ten Things I Learned From Psoriasis
I tried so many things, and it was ultimately learning to cook from Dr. Beech, and apprentice of Vaidya Mishra, that healed my intestines and had psoriasis go for good. Along the way I learned many valuable lessons. Here are a few. Number 6 is the primary one.
1. Avoid sugar - it causes the itching
2. Don't sleep on your left side - read the book the Art of Breathing by Swami Rama to find out why. Fascinating science
3. Heal your intestines and psoriasis heals
4. Stress is internal, you know you are stressed and you can control it. It triggers and makes all conditions worse. Deal with your stress: meditate, surf, do yoga, go for a walk, laugh, do what you really want, take a nap, study your human design
5. Oatmeal - especially steel cut oats - was very good for me
6. Take responsibility for your own health. Believe me, the doctors don't care about your body as much as you do.
7. When you take responsibility, the world of health and well being open in front of your feet. It is a universe with wonderful things like massage, aromatherapy, Accupuncture, herbs, amazing food, exercises, meditation, mantras, etc. So much that your world enriches beyond measure. Psoriasis has been my teacher.
8. Read: Healing Psoriasis: The Natural Alternative by John O. A. Pagano D.C. and Harry K. Panjwani M.D. Ph.D. It's based on Edgar Cayce readings9. Learn to cook and eat foods that support you.
10. When you don't cure the causes of psoriasis, it goes deeper, into your joints, and becomes arthritis. I've seen it happen in my finger, and was able to reverse it.
11. (bonus tip) Checkout these amazing products: impact.lifevantage.com